ESOL Citizenship Course - Are You Aware of the New Changes of Studying at an Accredited College?
By Jerone Davis

There have been significant changes made by the Home office to the provision of the ESOL course with a citizenship context as from 7 April 2010.

Before I indulge into the main requirements and who this course applies to, you may ask what is ESOL? ESOL is short for English for Speakers of Other Languages. In 2007 the UK government introduced a new requirement for anyone applying for indefinite leave to remain in the UK or applying for naturalization as a British citizen, that knowledge of life in the UK and sufficient knowledge of the english language was a necessary requirement.

Currently there are two ways that this can be done:

Firstly if ones command of English is of a sufficient level ie above entry level 3 you may study for the life in the UK test. You may see whether your standard of English is sufficient to understand the tutorials on the life in the UK website lifeintheuktest.gov.uk otherwise, secondly you will need to take and pass a course in ESOL which contains Citizenship materials if your English is below entry level 3.

In the latter the Home office has introduced new changes as from 7 April 2010. In order to satisfy the new Home office requirements you will need to obtain an ESOL qualification studied within a citizenship context at an accredited college through an approved awarding body. You can pick up more guidelines on this on the UK Border Agency website: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk

This new measure by the Home office was introduced following misuse by some bogus centres charging students in some cases extortionate amounts in fees and providing them with a printed certificate from no approved awarding body. Unfortunately many students have suffered as a result of these bogus institutions set up right across the UK.

It is very important that anyone wishing to study on an ESOL citizenship course that they do so at the right institution which has been approved by the appropriate awarding body and has accredited college status.

I can recommend several institutions which are Home office approved and offer high quality education and provide students with additional support and guidance in their studies.

Feel free to visit http://www.exluk.com for more information in this area or contact Extra Learning UK Ltd on: 0121 565 2475

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jerone_Davis

ukba settlement
www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/.../settlement/ - Cached - Similar # I have applied for my ...
Veristat Specialists in Immigration
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/review-age- ...
UK Border Agency | Changes to the student visa system - cutting ...
Nov 2, 2011
Changes to the student visa system - cutting abuse and raising standards. 02 November 2011. Tough new rules and enforcement action to stop abuse of the student visa system mean that over 450 education providers will no longer be able to ...
More results from UKBA Employers news
Statement of Changes in Immigration Rules HC 1622
Nov 7, 2011
STATEMENT OF. CHANGES IN. IMMIGRATION RULES. Presented to Parliament on 7 November 2011 pursuant to section 3(2) of the Immigration Act 1971. Ordered by The House of Commons to be printed. 7 November 2011. (This document ...
More results from Official Documents
STAR Manchester
Nov 26, 2011 by STAR Manchester
Saturday, 26 November 2011. http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/asylum/rights/ Any thoughts on this???? Posted by STAR Manchester at 04:14 · Email ThisBlogThis!Share to TwitterShare to Facebook ...
applying for uk settlement visa? - Government Grants
Nov 25, 2011 by Dwean
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/settlement/knowledge-language-life/demonstrating/#header1. http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/infs/settlementguide. http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/resources/en/docs/1903073/ ...
Advice on getting visiters visa for my Thai girlfriend? | Thailand Visa
Dec 1, 2011
... my thai girlfriend? I HAVE BEEN WITH MY THAI GF 3 YEARS AND NEXT YEAR SHE WOULD LIKE TO COME VISIT MY FAMILY AT UK I NEED. ... http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/. What do you ...
More results from Thailand Visa
HSA Health and Safety Hazards in Schools | Study in Europe
1 day ago by Study in Europe
Before applying please mаkе sure уου visit thе UK Border Agency website аt www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk fοr thе mοѕt recent detailed information. Video Rating: 4 / 5. Related posts: Web Page Development with HTML, CSS ...
More results from Study in Europe
Q&A: Question related to HSMP for self and wife as dependent visa ...
Dec 3, 2011 by Admin
There is a Forum for this called UK Resident Immigration forum which is great for these kind of questions! visit http://www.ukresident.com/forums/. And to get the application required, visit www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk and look ...
More results from Immigration Advice Q&A

Do you need travel insurance under the youth mobility scheme ...
Nov 25, 2011 by admin
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/tier5/youthmobilityscheme/workingandconditions/. So it seems like the U.K. will not cover him. The Australian Medicare system does provide coverage while in the U.K., ...
UK Border Agency Strike 30th November 2011 | TripEdge | Low ...
Nov 29, 2011 by Robert
All UK Airports are working with the UK Border Agency to minimise disruption and ensure security is maintained at all UK Airports. Passengers ... For further information visit http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/. Be Sociable ...
UK Public Sector Industrial Action – Wednesday 30 November 2011 ...
Nov 30, 2011 by admin
For up to date information please check the UK Border Agency website at http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/. Rebooking options for passengers due to land in London Heathrow, London Gatwick or Manchester on ...